Thursday, July 29, 2010

They Should Just Castrate Them the First Time

I'll explain the title later. I took off on the 28th of June and it was a first good day on the trail. I made 13 miles and lost a lot of blood from mosquitoes. I was a day early coming through Sturgeon Bay, because on the 29th there was city wide yard sale. I passed my first bar there too, but only to regret it later. But I did see a sweet playhouse!

Not the actual playhouse

I got to Maplewood and walked straight to the bar. As I walked in, I happened to start a conversation with Richard of Richard's Pub & Grill and I had a beer and a place to set up camp in less than a minute. As I was sitting down to eat, a lady next to me at the bar-she had a mullet-told me "they should just castrate them the first time" in reference to a story of a repeat sex offender on TV. My kind of place.

The next day -the 29th- I got another late start and stopped in Forestville, where I found a cougar working in a post office and took the opportunity to mail back home a few pounds of crap. My feet were hurting cause of blisters, so I made a switch to my Chacos. Made it halfway between Algoma and Casco where I met Scott who offered up a place behind his barn for me to pitch my tent. Nice guy who would like to hike the IAT some day, but says he just needs to find the time. Now I'm on my way to Moe's Corner Bar to have another beer. The Ice Age Trail has inn to inn hiking; they should add bar to bar hiking as well! I think that would really increase the usership!

*This post was dictated to me, Slota. To note, Dave was very difficult to understand. Because he stutters. Good thing I'm a speech pathologist!

1 comment: