Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More Pics!

Here are some more pictures of my hike. It's hard to look through them and pick out good ones because there are so many. These are a few of my favorites from the last month. I'll start you off with my three favorites from the entire trip.

My second night on the trail

Hartman Creek

Marathon County

Boo Radley's house?

Mission Lake County Park in Marathon County

I looked at the clouds and decided that walking through the impending storm would be a great idea...

Antigo

Hillbilly Hilton in Langlade County. It's really neat on the inside and I definitely want to come back here some day.

Langlade County

The Prairie River ford in Langlade Co.

What I woke up to in the Underdown Segment

Grandfather Falls Dam. I love the fact that we build dams at the most picturesque areas of rivers, otherwise that would just be wasted energy letting the river flow on its own.

Grandfather Falls at night

It was tough fit for my tent

The big pines in the New Wood Segment

Fun beaver dam crossing in the Camp 27 Segment

Taylor County

Porcupine!

The very first thing I worked on at a MSC project way back in 2006.
Chippewa River Segment.
Sunset at the Chippewa Moraine Center

Blue Hills
There should be more of these along the trail so people have a better understanding that what they are walking on is part of something much larger and perhaps will lead them to explore more of it.

Smell the glove

Pretty scenery but sketchy trail!
Barron, Burnett or one of those counties up there

Straight Lake

You wouldn't find this in Minnesota (and maybe Sheboygan)

I don't think they meant PBR when they made the sign

Mindy Creek in Polk Co.
The end with PBR in hand
I won't be able to post my reflections and ruminations until the weekend. Work beckons and I want some more time to work on them so hold tight!

1 comment:

  1. Loved your pictures they are all so good. My husband liked the picture of the PBR his favorite.

    ReplyDelete